TOP STORIES
Marnus Labuschagne eyes Test comeback as opener

Australian batter Marnus Labuschagne, who has been on the sidelines from the red-ball setup, is plotting a return to the Test side by targeting the role of opener in the upcoming Ashes series. Labuschagne, who had been a mainstay in Australia's top order, was recently dropped for the first time during the Test series against the West Indies. In fact, he has been out of the Test squad since the World Test Championship (WTC) final in June 2025.
āThis (being left out) has given me an opportunity to reflect and not having the pressure of the media saying, āMarnus has got to goā,ā Labuschagne told News Corp.
A slump in form led to his omission, as he could manage 39 runs at the WTC final against South Africa while opening the innings for Australia. Meanwhile, Labuschagne has never regularly occupied the opening spot because he has been a consistent performer for Australia at no. 3 since December 2022.
āIf you had asked me where I prefer to bat, obviously I have batted at three my whole career, but at this stage you donāt get a choice. I opened in the World Test Championship final and felt I batted quite well. I got in but did not go on with it,ā he said.
Now, with the 2025-26 Ashes series looming large on the horizon, Labuschagne is ready to embrace any role for the side.
āI would be happy to do that (open batting) - I would love to. If opener is where I need to bat to be playing in the Test team, thatās fine,ā he said.
Tags
More News

Asia Cup 2025: Start time for 18 matches pushed back by 30 minutes
The Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) has confirmed that the start time for 18 out of the 19 matches, including the final, in the upcoming Asia Cup 2025 will be pushed back by 30 minutes. This decision comes in response to the severe heatwave in the UAE. Following the revised timing, matches will now commence at 6.30pm local time (8pm IST).
The Asia Cup 2025 ...

RCB announces ā¹25 lakh compensation to families of stampede victims
Royal Challengers Bengaluru has announced a compensation of ā¹25 lakh to the families of the 11 victims who tragically lost their lives in a harrowing stampede outside the Chinnaswamy Stadium during the Indian Premier League (IPL) victory celebrations earlier this year in June. RCB took to social media to announce the financial assistance to the families of the victims.
āO...

Rahul Dravid parts ways with Rajasthan Royals
Rahul Dravid has parted ways with the Rajasthan Royals after just one season as head coach. The latest development comes as a shock, given Dravid's deep experience and his high-profile tenure as head coach of the Indian national team. In a statement, the franchise revealed that Dravid was offered a broader role within the organisation, but he chose not to take ...

ZIM vs SL, 2nd ODI: Sri Lanka eye series as Zimbabwe aim for comeback
The stage is once again set for a thrilling second and final match between Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in the ongoing two-match ODI series, scheduled for Sunday in Harare. Sri Lanka, who are leading the series 1-0 after a convincing win in the first ODI, have put the hosts under immense pressure to bounce back and level the series.
Sri Lanka ...

Nitish Rana, Digvesh Rathi involved in verbal spat
Ugly scenes were witnessed during the Eliminator match of the Delhi Premier League 2025 (DPL 2025) on Friday, August 29, at Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi, when Nitish Rana and Digvesh Rathi got involved in a heated verbal altercation. West Delhi Lions' Nitish Rana was tearing through South Delhi Superstarzās bowl...