TOP STORIES
PCB issues blanket ban on Pakistan's participation in WCL

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has issued a blanket ban on future participation in the World Championship of Legends (WCL). The move comes after the India Champions team withdrew from two matches against Pakistan Champions, including the group stage and the semi‑final, citing political sensitivities, and the tournament organisers nonetheless handed India points for both forfeitures. The Pakistan Cricket Board also hit out at the tournament organisers for being “biased”.
“The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) announces that it is issuing a blanket ban from future participation in the World Championship of Legends (WCL),” the PCB said in a statement.
“The PCB, during its 79th BoG meeting held virtually under the chairmanship of Mohsin Naqvi reviewed with considerable disappointment WCL’s appalling conduct of awarding points to a willfully forfeiting team, and the content of the press releases of the WCL announcing the cancellation of the scheduled India vs Pakistan legends matches, which were tainted with hypocrisy and bias,” said the PCB in its statement.
The board also slammed WCL for the statements following India's withdrawal.
"The WCL's apology for 'hurting the sentiments', whilst being farcical, inadvertently acknowledges that the cancellation was not based on cricketing merit, but rather on succumbing to a specific nationalistic narrative," the statement further said. "This bias, masquerading as sensitivity, sends an unacceptable message to the international sporting community."
Tags
More News

RCB announces ₹25 lakh compensation to families of stampede victims
Royal Challengers Bengaluru has announced a compensation of ₹25 lakh to the families of the 11 victims who tragically lost their lives in a harrowing stampede outside the Chinnaswamy Stadium during the Indian Premier League (IPL) victory celebrations earlier this year in June. RCB took to social media to announce the financial assistance to the families of the victims.
“O...

Rahul Dravid parts ways with Rajasthan Royals
Rahul Dravid has parted ways with the Rajasthan Royals after just one season as head coach. The latest development comes as a shock, given Dravid's deep experience and his high-profile tenure as head coach of the Indian national team. In a statement, the franchise revealed that Dravid was offered a broader role within the organisation, but he chose not to take ...

ZIM vs SL, 2nd ODI: Sri Lanka eye series as Zimbabwe aim for comeback
The stage is once again set for a thrilling second and final match between Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in the ongoing two-match ODI series, scheduled for Sunday in Harare. Sri Lanka, who are leading the series 1-0 after a convincing win in the first ODI, have put the hosts under immense pressure to bounce back and level the series.
Sri Lanka ...

Nitish Rana, Digvesh Rathi involved in verbal spat
Ugly scenes were witnessed during the Eliminator match of the Delhi Premier League 2025 (DPL 2025) on Friday, August 29, at Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi, when Nitish Rana and Digvesh Rathi got involved in a heated verbal altercation. West Delhi Lions' Nitish Rana was tearing through South Delhi Superstarz’s bowl...

UAE T20I tri-series 2nd match, UAE vs PAK: All you need to know, head to head, playing XI
The UAE T20I tri-series is heating up as Pakistan and UAE prepare to face off in the second match of the series on Saturday at Sharjah Cricket Stadium. After a boisterous start with a commanding 39-run victory over Afghanistan in the opening encounter, Pakistan will look to maintain their winning momentum. Meanwhile, hosts UAE will aim to kick ...